Before Using the Registration Form, please read the Participant Agreement and Liability Release below the Form.
· SET-UP: Thursday Nov. 15, 4 pm – 8 pm
· PACK-UP: Saturday, Nov. 16, 5:00 pm, at the end of sale. No packing up before end of sale.
· CLEAN-UP: Saturday, Nov. 16, 5:00 pm, at the end of the sale. All participants please!
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY RELEASE:
The City of Sunnyvale, the Sunnyvale Community Center, the Independent Arts & Media fiscal sponsor, and the Friends of the Sunnyvale Pottery Studio, their staff, officers, volunteers, and members assume no responsibility for loss, theft, or breakage of any items displayed in this event. Participants understand that pieces are displayed entirely at their own risk therefore will not be reimbursed for damaged or missing items. Participants agree to FSPS, City of Sunnyvale, and IAM’s use of any photographs taken for the event for publicity and promotion. This release remains valid until a written withdrawal is received from the artist.
- Participants are staff members, teachers, students, and/or open studio users of Sunnyvale Community Center’s Pottery Studio (hereby referred to as the Studio) and the glass fusing class during the 2018 calendar year.
- A signed, completed Registration Form and payment must be received by our Registrar (Rhonda Hyver) to participate in the sale. NO refunds will be issued in case of cancellation.
- Artwork for sale is not juried. All items for sale must be of silica clay or glass, handmade by the participant. No consignment sale of non-registered participants is allowed.
- Artists shall receive 50% of general sale revenue. City shall receive 40% of general sale revenue and 80% of donations table revenue. FSPS shall receive 10% of general sale revenue and 20% of donations table revenue.
- Sales tax (9 %) will be added by the cashier and should not be included in your prices.
- Each participant must provide a sample Sales Tag with price and participant ID (e.g. 2 or 3 letter initials) used on the work with this Registration Form. In case of duplicate IDs, the Registrar will consult with each participant for alternatives until any questions are resolved.
- Price tags (Avery removable ½ to 1” tags recommended) must be clearly hand written or printed using a laser printer, not a jet-ink printer. Sales Tags not matching the sample provided will not be processed and the sale excluded from the payment to participant until any discrepancies are resolved.
- Participants are responsible for set-up and take-down of their own displays. Please use floor-length tablecloths in order to hide boxes underneath, etc. Tables are 5 ft. or 10 ft. long, 30 inches wide, and 30 inches high. For tablecloths: Amazon has a wide selection of rectangle tablecloths in multiple colors. Also, https://www.linentablecloth.com/tablecloths/rectangle-tablecloths.html/
- All participants are required to work 2 shifts during the sale and help before or after the sale.
- Signage: Put out and Pick-up Street signs around the community center.
- Roamer/Stocker: Walk around showrooms to replenish tables, assist customers, etc., as needed.
- Greeter/Hospitality: Directs customers to the different show rooms. Also refills coffee, snacks, etc
- Receipt Writer: Working with cashier, writer removes price tags from artworks to record on sale receipts, then completes receipts with sales tax and total.
- Cashier: Working with writer, cashier reviews receipts and collects payment.
- Wrapper: Working with writer/cashier, wrapper wraps all items for customers to take away.
IMPORTANT: Artists’ checks will be distributed following the sale after the bank has released the deposits, and all sales receipts are reconciled by the Treasurer and Finance Coordinator. This usually takes 3-4 weeks.
ALL JOBS MUST BE FILLED IN ORDER FOR THE SALE TO PROCEED.
HELP SUPPORT THE SUNNYVALE POTTERY STUDIO!